About The Department
Mechanical Engineering Department started with inception of the college in 2010, to provide world-class under-graduate and graduate engineering education. The curriculum includes the courses like Thermodynamics, Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Strength of Materials, and Heat Transfer Manufacturing, Mechanical and Thermal Design, Finite Element Analysis, And System Dynamics. Students acquire knowledge through various engineering electives with advanced topics including, fracture mechanics, composite materials, combustion, internal combustion engines, mechatronics, and mechanism design. The structure of the program includes laboratory experiments with respect to the academic syllabus, in which students go through a live experience with advanced hardware, software, and experimental techniques. The laboratory experience reinforces content presented in courses and provides students with an opportunity to involve themselves individually with the support of faculty and technical support staff. The Department started Masters programme (Master of Technology) in “Engineering Analysis and Design” in the year 2012 which is another step in climbing the ladder .Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and Industrial visits are part of the program which happens periodically in enhancing the knowledge of the students with an exposure to industrial environment. The Department has also proved its capabilities by guiding students with live projects which are also sponsored by Institution of Engineers.
Department Brochure Click View / Download
Department Activities Click View / Download
Major Thrust in the course
- Computer aided Engineering and Machine Drawing for drafting field level drawing.
- Engineering Mathematics, Strength of Material, Design of Machine Elements and Theory of Machines, Finite Element Method, Vibration, Composite Materials and Manufacturing Technology for design, analysis and production of mechanical components
- Optimize a plant layout, manufacturing process, quality process in industry by using quality techniques like JIT, Kaizen, PDCA, SQC and SPC.
- Management and Entrepreneurship skills for setting up small scale industries leading to self-employment.
- Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass transfer, Fluid mechanics for analysis and understanding various power generation and energy conversion units.
- Mechanical engineers will be found in virtually any manufacturing industry. Increasingly, mechanical engineers are needed in the environmental and bio-medical fields. Indeed, virtually every product or service in modern life has probably been touched in some way by a mechanical engineer.
- The Central and State Governments are recruiting Mechanical Engineers in large numbers, particularly in Defense, Railways, Military, and Indian Engineering Services. Nearly 12% of the central budget is reserved for military purpose. This opens up avenues for Mechanical Engineers to join DRDO, HAL, NAL and other organizations of national importance for a lucrative career and job satisfaction.
- The government also encourages young researchers in mechanical field to develop alternate energy sources.
- Several opportunities are available in industry for Mechanical Engineers at various functional areas viz., production, quality, design, and marketing.
- Mechanical Engineers are also acceptable in emerging fields like Robotics, MEMS, Mechatronics, and Nano materials.
Following Government Organisation recruits Mechanical Engineers
Most of the engineers are absorbed by large, medium, and small scale industries. viz., Automobile, Aerospace, Steel, and Mining Industries.
- Defense organizations like DRDO, ADE, ADA, CABS,etc
- Public sector undertakings like HAL, BARC, NAL, etc.
- Multinational Organisation like Infosys, TCS, Honeywell, GE, etc.
- Karnataka Power Corporation Limited(KPCL)
- Karnataka Power Transport Corporation Limited (KPCTL)
- Public Works Department (PWD)
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC)
- Regional Transportation Office (RTO)
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL)
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Indian Engineering Service (IES)
- Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB)
- Karnataka State Mining Department
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- National Hydro Electric Power Corporation (NHPC)
- Nuclear Power Corporation (NPC)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL)
- Indian Army, Navy, and Air force.
- National Aeronautical Limited (NAL)
- Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL)
- Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML).
Zealous Mechanical Engineers can carry out Research activities in the following reputed organisations
- Junior Research Fellow(JRF) in Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center
- Indian Institute of Science
- Indian Institute of Technology
M.Tech/ME/ MS courses in
- Production Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Thermal Power Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Machine Design
- Engineering Analysis and Design
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Product Design and Manufacturing
- Tool Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Production Engineering and System Technology
- Industrial Automation
- Industrial Robotics and Automation
- Information Technology
- Material Science and Technology
- Textile Technology
- Energy System Engineering
- M.Sc (Engineering) and Integrated PhD from reputed Universities and IITs
- MBA programs
- Specialized courses like Robotics, MEMS, Mechatronics CNC, CAD/CAM