“To be the best at serving society by creating electronic engineers for dynamic and global careers”. Mission: ->Improvising knowledge by engaging with cutting edge technology, research and promoting academic growth. ->Undertaking collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long time interaction with academia.
The Electronics & Communication Engineering department has been established with the intention of training and producing highly skilled Electronics and Communication Engineers, with a good technical knowledge of the related disciplines, combined with leadership, critical thinking skills, diligence and a good work ethic.
The department was established in 2010, at the inception of the institution, and is equipped with state-of-art facilities including established laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment and high quality components, spacious classrooms with projector facilities, seminar halls and a research center, as per AICTE and VTU norms.
The Department is staffed by highly qualified and well-experienced teaching faculty and technical staff. The faculty members have prior experience in research and industry in a diverse range of areas of engineering, and bring this hands-on experience to their teaching. The department is continuously upgrading its facilities to make the students excel in all respects in the area of electronics and communication engineering.
The department organizes workshops, seminars, conferences and expert lectures to keep the students and staff informed about the latest developments and research in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering. The department also procures research projects from industries for implementation by the faculties, and students of the college. The department also has a student forum, called Exceltron, which provides the students with the opportunity to develop their leadership and team-working skills, while providing them an outlet for their academic as well as extra-curricular talents. The forum organizes various events throughout the academic year, and has been successfully operational since 2010.
Department Brochure Click View / Download
Major Thrust in the course
- Basic principles of Electronics, Electronic and Electrical Circuits and Measurements, Digital and Analog Electronics, Circuit Design and Implementation.
- Computer-aided Design and Simulation of Electronic Circuits, Microchip design, VHDL, Microcontrollers and Microprocessor programming, Electronics Software design.
- Current and emerging technologies like Digital Signal Processing, VLSI design, Embedded System Design, Image Processing, Audio Processing, Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence.
- Communications topics including Microwaves and Radar, Antenna Design, Digital and Analog Communications, Communications Networks, Satellite Communications, Multimedia Communications and Mobile Communication Technologies.
- The Syllabus is carefully designed in order to train the students in various fields within Electronics and Communications Engineering, as well as interdisciplinary topics, which fall under E&CE as well as other branches of Engineering. This aids the student in finding employment in Electrical, Electronics and Communications, and other engineering fields.
- The syllabus also provides training for the students in specific topics related to Computer Science and Engineering, where they are taught the principles of programming in different languages, so they can be prepared for a career in the IT Industries.
- The students are trained in topics which have a huge demand in the industry in the current market, as well as emerging technologies which have a huge potential in the future job markets. As a result, the graduates are prepared for the rapidly advancing technologies.
- The student forum, as well as the placement training provided by the department aids the student in developing their soft skills, bringing forth their creativity and leadership qualities, and helps them in their careers.
Scope for Employment
- Public Sector Industries like HAL, BHEL, BEL.
- Government Research organizations like ISRO, DRDO, LRDE, NAL.
- Communications Companies like Nokia, Alcatel, Huawei, Reliance Communications.
- Electronics Companies like Samsung, HCL, Sony, Apple , LG.
- Various power plants and State Electricity Boards.
- Manufacturing companies like ABB, 3M, L&T, Siemens, Honeywell, HP, Bosch.
- Mobile service providers like Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance, Idea, Tata Group.
- Automotive Industries like Ford, Mahindra Group, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota.
- Multinational Companies like GE, Cisco, Wipro Technologies, Texas Instruments, Panasonic.
- Semiconductor companies like AMD, Intel, Philips, Qualcomm, Nvidia.
- Indian Defense Forces – Army, Navy and Airforce.
- IT Industries like Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, TCS, CTS, Sonata.
- Digital Signal Processing.
- VLSI and Embedded Systems.
- Hardware Design and Implementation.
- Medical Signal Processing.
- Multimedia Communications
- Wireless Communications
- Satellite Communications
- Integrated Circuit Design
- Control Systems Design
- Automotive Systems Design
- Aeronautical Industry
E&CE Graduates have a very wide scope for higher studies in M.Tech / ME / MS courses in India and abroad, in fields like :
- Digital Signal Processing
- Multimedia Communications
- VLSI & Embedded Systems
- Wireless Communications
- Medical Electronics
- Semiconductor Engineering
- Sensor Networks
- Optical Communications
- Control Systemsand Instrumentation
- Communication Networks
- Solid State Engineering
- Digital Systems Design
- Micro-electronics and Nanotechnology
- Renewable Energy
- Power Electronics
- Information Systems and Computer Networks